U.S. Whey Permeate
Hot water, 90 to 100°C
Frozen prawn, thawed
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
Preparation of Ready-To-Fry Prawn Cracker
- Mince the prawn in paste form and add the prawn paste into tapioca flour. Blend well.
- Add some hot water to dissolve salt, sugar, MSG and whey permeate completely.
- Add the solution, remaining water and prawn flavour into the mixture. Blend until well mixed.
- Fill the mixture into heat-resistant plastic casing with width of 4.7 cm and length of approx. 30 cm.
- Seal the casing, tying the sealed end tightly to form a cylindrical shape.
- Steam at 90°C for 1.5 hours and allow the dough to chill.
- Remove the casing from the dough and allow to dry at 40°C for 3 hours.
- Place the dough in chiller for at least 2 hours to further set the dough for easy slicing.
- Slice the dough with a thickness of approx. 0.15 mm to 0.20 mm per piece.
- Dry them at 60°C for 2 hours until moisture is at 8.50 to 9.50%.
- Pack the ready-to-fry prawn cracker and store at ambient conditions.
- Fry the prawn crackers at 180°C for 10 to 15 seconds.